Josh M. Skeen
Experienced software engineer with proven, in-depth knowledge of server-side & mobile client development technologies. Passionate about creating great code and apps.
- Android SDK (began with API level 9, Gingerbread)
- Ruby on Rails
- Test frameworks & libraries (junit, rspec, robolectric, mockito, espresso, etc)
- mobile API design
- web development technologies - HTML, JS, CSS, php, VB.net, server-side java frameworks.
Software Engineer & Instructor (July 2012 - Present)
Big Nerd Ranch / Highgroove Studios, Atlanta GA
- Instructed 5-day international bootcamps in Android programming at leading tech companies in Silicon Valley. Trained seasoned engineers in the subtleties of the Android SDK and best-practices for creating & maintaining production Android code.
- Published articles & code examples on emerging Android technologies for the Android community
- Shipped highly rated & installed Android apps on Google Play
- Full-stack Ruby on Rails application development
- Managed client consulting of numerous projects from requirements gathering & project planning, estimation, design, implementation, and deployment.
- Thorough experience with TDD and test driven workflow
Senior Developer / Analyst (May 2010 – June 2012)
Emory University, Atlanta GA
- Lead the development of a network security auditing and scanning application which facilitated a dynamic view of the risk associated with all network assets at Emory University (stack : Java / GWT / Jboss / Hibernate).
- Oracle (10G) database reports development
- LAMP development for research-related internal application needs. Development of custom Business Process Management software.
Application Developer (August 2008 – October 2009)
The Cadmus Group, Portland, OR
- Authored software for the Energy Services sector in C# and VB.net
- Refactored legacy code to follow a more object-oriented, maintainable (and human readable) design Web applications for Governmental agencies